A Colloid Mill is a machine, which is used to minimize the particle size of a solid in termination in a liquid. It is furthermore used to decrease the droplet size of a fluid expelled in another liquid. This is achieved by introducing elevated hydraulic shear rates to the liquid method. It is often used to improve suspension and emulsion strength. The colloid mill is used for different applications such as fine processing, homogenization, separation, and blending. It is also used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, suspension, and emulsion industries to extract fluids, ointments, and extremely viscous items.
The product is loaded into the hopper, leading to the gap between the engine and the crankshaft. The product is exposed to a high level of shearing, slicing, and rubbing between two metal-toothed coverings of rotor and stator and towards the release segment. If necessary, the processed item passes the mill continually through the drainpipe; it can be recycled by assembling three-way cock and recirculating pipe.
- The design of colloid mill is as per Current Good Manufacturing Practices compliance.
- All contact parts of colloid mill is AISI 316 certified & non-contact parts are AISI 304.
- It is easy to adjust the gap between the rotor and the stator.
- There is a three-way cock assembly with the re-circulating pipe.
- All contact parts are easy to move and dismantle for cleaning.
- Silicon food grade seal.
- Separate discharge spout for highly viscous products
- Overload pressure release mechanism.
- Emergency stop button
• The primary use for a colloid mill is the scattering of solid particles in a liquid.
• Used to form effective emulsification, homogenization, dispersing, and storing during cutting, milling, and high-rate shaking.
• It is used to decrease the particle size in liquid termination or to decrease the droplet size of a liquid suspended in another liquid. By applying high levels of hydraulic pressure to the system liquid, the reduction is made.
• The particle size of the colloidal mill can be as small as 3 microns.
• Fibrous items can be milled using a tough-surfaced impeller and stator.
• It is mainly used in the pharmaceutical purpose for the preparations colloidal dispersions, ejections, emulsions and lotions.
• Colloidal mill is utilized in many industries including, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals and chemicals.
Why choose us?
At Liquid Mixing Plant, the Colloid Mills are designed to help in the reduction of the particle size of a solid-liquid suspension efficiently. It is done to get the desired quantity and results, thus stabilizing the emulsions more effectively. Pharmaceutical, pigment dispersion processes, chemical industries, are a few of the many sectors where these colloid mills are widely used.