Filter Press – Zero Hold Up
The filter press is simple equipment which is used for the solid-liquid separation by making the use of Press Operation or by applying the pressure on the filter media. Shree Bhagwati Machtech (India) Pvt. Ltd is one of the leading suppliers of filter press to various pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
APPLICATION & PROCESS
The filter press is a solid liquid separation device using the principle of pressure feeding. It is highly efficient, compact, dewatering device for separating solids from liquid slurries in the form of compressed cake. It has wide range of applications by several industries like Pharma, bulk drugs, distilleries, beverages & other industries.
The unfiltered liquid is fed into the filter under positive pressure, where liquid travels in downwards direction and finds its way through opening on sides of the Filter Plates. As the liquid pressure increases, the Filter media holds the foreign particles and allows only clear filtrate to pass through the central channel formed by interlocking pressure cups to the outlet. Filtration is continued until the cake holding capacity of the unit is reached or until the filtrate rate becomes too slow owing to cake resistance.
- Design is cGMP with all contact parts AISI 316L.
- Complete filtration of the batch without any hold up due to reverse flow of liquid.
- The cake, filtered & solids remain totally enclosed allowing filtration of toxic, hazardous & explosive liquids.
- No contamination of internal surface of shell.
- The top dome structure ensures fast & easy removal of cartridge assembly & cleaning of cake.
- Skid type unit with castor wheel.
Bhagwati – 8
Bhagwati – 14
Diameter of plates
No of plates
Filtering area m²
Cake holding capacity
Flow rate per hour*
750Liters / hour
3500 Liters / hour
Size of pump