Sigma Mixer With Extruder Screw
Used specifically in the process of highly viscous paste mixing and kneading, the Sigma Mixer with Extruder Screw helps in giving a better and uniform result due to its robust design and easy mixing process of viscous pastes in the paint, chemical and Agrochemical industries.
APPLICATION & PROCESS
The Sigma Mixer with extruder is used for mixing, kneading and extruding of highly viscous mass, sticky and dough like products, Mixing of pastes, rubber, and heavy plastic masses, applications in Food, Rubber, Pharmaceutical, Chemical and agro industries, Dry powder to wet phase mixing. This mixer is most suitable for highly viscous material and dough like masses.
The extruder mixer is designed to handle difficult to discharge products such as hot melts and butyl sealants, as well as other medium to high viscosity pastes. This type of mixer combines the action of the Double Arm Sigma Blade Mixer with an extrusion screw placed in the lower part of the mix trough. During mixing, the extrusion screw is run in reverse which imparts a third mixing action on the product, increasing mixing efficiency.
The sigma kneader is a double arm mixer with extruder, the two “Z” blade rotate towards each others at same or different speed inside a W- shaped product container and extruder screw is located between the two blade with separate gear motor drive. The extruder screw is rotates in forward direction for extruding process and rotate in reverse direction during mixing process. Speed of the extruder to be adjustable by VFD. The twin screw basin kneading machine with two horizontally arranged kneading blades, which are deeply geared into one another and strip themselves reciprocally. Each blade moves the material in opposite direction thereby providing excellent cross mixing of all raw materials. The blades pass the trough walls and each other at close clearances resulting in good mixing. The close clearance produces a shearing and tearing action that is beneficial to the size reduction of solids.
The extrusion screw is located in the saddle section and runs in a cylindrical trough tangential to and below the 2 mixing blades.
- When the product has finished the mixing cycle, discharge/extrusion is performed simply by running the extrusion screw in a forward direction.
- The double arm sigma blades normally continue to run throughout the extrusion process providing a thoroughly mixed product at all stages of the production cycle.
- By changing the extrusion die heads, the product can be discharged in round, square, “spaghetti”, or any form desired.
- Speed variation of the extrusion screw allows adjustment of the product flow, depending on the viscosity.
- Designed as per cGMP – Current Good Manufacturing Practices & Non GMP Standard Model.
- Contact parts in AISI 316, AISI 304 or MS as desired by customer.
- Capability to pass from mix phase to extrusion phase without interruption.
- Lateral discharge of product through the extrusion screw without operator interaction.
- Shape of extruded material is adaptable to customer’s requirements.
- Mixing, Blending and kneading of high Viscosity Materials, with a combined action of Bulk Movement, Kneading, stretching folding, dividing and Recombining.
- High Mixing Precision, Short Batch Time, Problem free Cleaning and Residue Free Discharge.
- Automated mixing and granulating process in single bowl.
- Available in Capacity from up to 1000 Kg Industrial Productions.
- There are different types of blades: Sigma-“Z” blade, Spiral blade, and Naben blade.
- Selection of appropriate blade shape and speeds result in excellent mixing.
- PLC Controls with HMI touch screen.
- Binder spraying system.
- Product Bowl with Jacketing for heating and cooling.
- Flame Proof Electrical.
- Vacuum or pressure designs.
- Automatic control of blade speed based on product viscosity.
- Enclosed mixing and discharge provides protection from product contamination and greater operator safety.
- Total drive transmission system enclosed.
- Limit switch installed in the top lid ensure lid is closed.
- Overload relay Protection and Emergency stop button.
Over all Dimension
Please contact us for more details.